Next time you’re at your bank, watch how many people use the outside ATM versus banking inside. It’s a high percentage. The same thing happens when you have an INSOMNIAC kiosk. And customers aren’t just using it for monthly payments either; they use it to rent their initial storage units as well, especially if they come to your facility outside of regular business hours or when your manager is busy.
Using a touch screen computer, customers select an available unit, opt for insurance (even a lock), then sign the lease and move in. All the paperwork and payments are completed at the kiosk.
Giving your manager an instant replay.
While customers are using the system, the kiosk is digitally recording their every move. It records all screen activity as well as what customers are saying. Your manager can use the IReplay feature later to see and hear each user’s experience.
See our model Kiosk comparison chart to find out which INSOMNIAC kiosk is right for you
- Rents out units and accepts payments 24/7
- Your customers can talk to a real person when your manager is not available
- Reduces staffing costs
- Provides manager with a digital recording of all transactions
- Services English & Spanish speaking customers
- Prospects walk away as tenants with signed lease, lock and access code to move-in
It’s like having a 24/7 assistant manager.
Throw away your “Closed” sign, you will not need it. With an INSOMNIAC kiosk, customers make rentals and payments at their convenience, regardless of whether an actual manager is available. Integrated with your favorite management software, the kiosk automatically applies payments and provides real-time updates of inventory and reports. It even maintains the same security and gate policies already configured into your software.
Helping “close the sale” with 2-way video.
Equipped with 2-way video and VoIP technology, the kiosk brings customer service to a whole new level. Let’s face it, no matter how simple you make renting units or paying, there will always be some customers who need assistance. Now you have the option to have calls from the kiosk routed via real-time video stream to our call center during business hours. A helpful Storage Counselor will assist your customers “face to face,” holding their hands through the entire process.
Depending on the model, INSOMNIAC kiosks range in price from $1,000 to $18,000 and typically pay for themselves in less than one year.
For help choosing a model that’s just right for your location,
drop us a note or call us at
What our customers are saying
- “Thanks to their technology, I’m looking at expanding my self-storage portfolio with properties I could not previously have operated profitably. INSOMNIAC changes the math and makes more facilities financially feasible.”Kim McDanielBenco Mini Storage, Cleburne, TX
- “The INSOMNIAC kiosk is the best employee I have ever had. The first day it was turned live it took three move-ins. It is truly amazing!”Bruce ManringDiscount Storage
- “In the month of November, the kiosk conducted more new rental transactions than I did, with the earliest transaction at 6:45 AM.”John BykowskiClay Street Storage, Kissimmee, FL
- “OpenTech’s kiosk, call center service and online renting platform allow us to focus on providing superb service to our customers onsite.”John LeslieKentucky Avenue Self Storage
- “After our initial success with our first kiosk, we ordered another five INSOMNIACs for our other Midwest facilities.”Jefferson ShreveStorage Express, Martinsville, IN
- “With INSOMNIAC, customers never see a ‘Closed’ sign or have to come back later. Instead, they can make payments or rent units at their convenience.”Phil FrenchPresident of Filco Limited, LLC.