No two facilities are alike—which is why INSOMNIAC kiosks come in seven shapes and sizes.
Every self-storage company has different business challenges, goals, budgets and facility layouts. That’s why OpenTech developed seven INSOMNIAC kiosks to meet each customer’s needs. While every self-storage facility is different, one thing remains the same: companies that do a better job of promoting their kiosk (no matter how big or small it is) increase the number of units their kiosk rents each month, thus improving their bottom line.
As you look through our kiosk gallery photos, you’ll notice that many of our customers do an excellent job of promoting their kiosk using large “Open 24-hours” signs, footsteps painted on the pavement (enticing customers to walk up to the kiosk) and many other effective tactics.
What size kiosk is right for your facility? How can you promote it to generate the most incremental revenue possible each month? These are good questions—ones we can help you answer. Feel free to drop us a note or call us at
What our customers are saying
- We're excited about the opportunity to transfer our knowledge to the INSOMNIAC Live! call center. SkilCheck will provide strategic planning and leadership training to call center management and customized computer based training courses for their internal team of Storage Counselors to develop a sharper and more competitive process to sell and service self-storage customers.Carol KrendleCEO-SkilCheck Services
- “With INSOMNIAC, customers never see a ‘Closed’ sign or have to come back later. Instead, they can make payments or rent units at their convenience.”Phil FrenchPresident of Filco Limited, LLC.
- The efficiencies created through automation are unparalleled and we are extremely satisfied with the products and services offered by OpenTech Alliance. As a storage operator, we feel we can offer the highest level of convenience and service by leveraging the power of that technology.Red Dot Storage
- “The INSOMNIAC kiosk enables our customers to pay on-site with cash, check or credit card, so we need never miss a rental.”Jefferson ShreveStorage Express, Martinsville, IN
- On average, our largest store is producing 12 additional rentals per month through the call center. Other properties average about 5-7 additional rentals monthly per store, resulting in a 14% same-store sales increase in 2013. With the call center, we get more income from rentals, gain occupancy and raise rates when occupancies get higher.Anne BallardPresident of Marketing, Training and Developmental Services at USG
- Over the course of a year, the OpenTech call center contributed to an increase in occupancy from 71% to 82%, an all-time high.Blair ValkVice President of Operations at Assured Self Storage