No two facilities are alike—which is why INSOMNIAC kiosks come in seven shapes and sizes.
Every self-storage company has different business challenges, goals, budgets and facility layouts. That’s why OpenTech developed seven INSOMNIAC kiosks to meet each customer’s needs. While every self-storage facility is different, one thing remains the same: companies that do a better job of promoting their kiosk (no matter how big or small it is) increase the number of units their kiosk rents each month, thus improving their bottom line.
As you look through our kiosk gallery photos, you’ll notice that many of our customers do an excellent job of promoting their kiosk using large “Open 24-hours” signs, footsteps painted on the pavement (enticing customers to walk up to the kiosk) and many other effective tactics.
What size kiosk is right for your facility? How can you promote it to generate the most incremental revenue possible each month? These are good questions—ones we can help you answer. Feel free to drop us a note or call us at
What our customers are saying
- We're excited about the opportunity to transfer our knowledge to the INSOMNIAC Live! call center. SkilCheck will provide strategic planning and leadership training to call center management and customized computer based training courses for their internal team of Storage Counselors to develop a sharper and more competitive process to sell and service self-storage customers.Carol KrendleCEO-SkilCheck Services
- “The only reason I need to go to the facility is to collect cash from the machine, put new locks in its dispenser, or sweep out empty units.”Bruce ManringDiscount Storage
- “We love OpenTech’s kiosks because half of all of our rentals occur outside of office hours.”John LeslieKentucky Avenue Self Storage
- "We use XpressCollect because it's automated and our tenants make their payment immediately through the pay-by-phone service or click to call our office. My managers love it, because they don’t have to waste hours doing something they hate and our conversions on collections have grown exponentially.”Jim MooneyDirector of Operations at Devon Self Storage
- The OpenTech Call Center has contributed to an increase in revenue of about 20%. We see the call center as a bottom line benefit with a net effect to rentals each month, which helps us push our unit rates higher.Anne BallardPresident of Marketing, Training and Developmental Services at USG
- Over the course of a year, the OpenTech call center contributed to an increase in occupancy from 71% to 82%, an all-time high.Blair ValkVice President of Operations at Assured Self Storage