PHOENIX, Arizona – September 6th, 2016 – OpenTech Alliance, Inc. announced the release of the 2016 Self Storage Technology White Paper. According to the report, storage unit rentals through the INSOMNIAC™ platform eclipsed 130,000 units in 2015.
A total of 49,966 move-ins were completed thru INSOMNIAC self-service kiosks. Also, a total of 76,832 move-ins were completed thru the OpenTech Call Center (INSOMNIAC Live!), and finally, a total of 5,682 rentals were captured via INSOMNIAC Online.
OpenTech’s portfolio of customers yielded an estimated $140 million in new sales over 2015 using the company’s automated solutions. In addition, the kiosk, call center and online solutions assisted store managers in collecting a grand total of 609,649 customer payments, while conducting over 1.9 million self storage transactions in 2015.
This is the 8th year OpenTech will be demonstrating their core value of transparency by sharing their transaction data with the industry. The White Paper includes ongoing self storage business trends, customer case studies, and several valuable illustrations used to highlight key points for consideration.
What you’ll learn from this research:
- Analyze the objectives storage owners are able to achieve by integrating self-service sales & service channels into their operation.
- Kiosk comparisons for benchmarking individual results to all kiosks installed provides an in-depth look at how your onsite technology is performing.
- Data on the AASR (Average Annual Sales Return) of OpenTech products will reveal how self storage owners can evaluate efficiencies and returns on investing in self-service technology.
- Comprehensive call center data and the conversion rates of store managers.
- Case Studies about operators who are bundling INSOMNIAC solutions to impact facility valuation.
- Discover the strategies other storage businesses have put in place to attract new renters and see just how far their business processes have evolved.
Jim Chiswell, President of Chiswell & Associates said, “Since the start-up of Open Tech Alliance, Robert and his team of technology professionals have used their annual Self Storage Technology White Paper to share statistical and data insights on facility achievements, sales tactics, manager performance, asset management and customer analytics that they have measured across their various platforms during the past year. I want to acknowledge their contribution to our industry’s growing understanding of the positive impact properly implemented technologies can have on our bottom-line results.”
Why We Do What We Do: Every day, OpenTech Alliance connects thousands of tenants with storage companies around the world. With over 4,000 daily transactions, the companies automated products and services helped Storage Managers move-in over 130,000 tenants in 2015, generating over 140 million dollars in new sales revenue alone. OpenTech also owns a majority stake in Storage Treasures, LLC and operates www.storagetreasures.com, the largest online and onsite self-storage auction market place in the industry with over 900,000 bidders, 6,500 self-storage facilities and over 140,000 auctions held in 2015. OpenTech, Making Self-Storage Easier, So More People will Use It. For additional information, please visit www.opentechalliance.com or call an OpenTech Business Development Manager at (602) 749-9370.
Mike Sawyer, Director of Marketing
OpenTech Alliance, Inc.
NOTE TO EDITORS: OpenTech Alliance, the OpenTech logo, and INSOMNIAC are trademarks of OpenTech Alliance, Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. INSOMNIAC kiosks are protected by U.S. patent number 5,946,660.